After an appeal, the DWP modifies more than half of PIP rulings – here’s how to improve your chances.


After an appeal, the DWP modifies more than half of PIP rulings – here’s how to improve your chances.

PIP CLAIMS are available to those who require financial assistance with some of the additional costs linked with long-term physical or mental health issues or impairment. Claimants who are dissatisfied with a judgment can file an official challenge, which Citizens Advice states is more than likely to be successful.

PIP judgments issued by the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) can be appealed under mandatory reconsideration procedures that compel the government to revisit its decisions. This can also be used to a variety of benefits, such as Universal Credit or child support.

If any of the following apply, a required reconsideration might be requested:

Claimants must first contact the office that made the decision, which can be done over the phone, by writing, or by filling out and returning a special form.

In most cases, mandatory reconsideration must be requested within one month after the decision letter’s date.

It is still possible to request mandatory reconsideration after this, but only if there is a compelling reason, such as the claimant’s hospitalization or bereavement.

Claimants must give information such as the date of the initial benefit decision, their name and residence, their date of birth, and their National Insurance number when applying.

Claimants will have to explain why they believe a part of the decision was incorrect, and they will be able to submit evidence to back up their claims.

According to Citizens Advice, it may be worth contesting a judgment even if one is dubious of their case, as more than half of PIP rulings are altered after obligatory reconsideration or an appeal to a tribunal, according to the latest Government figures.

Furthermore, there are no fees associated with filing an appeal.

“The easiest method to apply for a reconsideration is to use the CRMR1 required reconsideration request form on GOV.UK, or write a letter to the DWP outlining why you disagree with the decision,” Citizens Advice advised.

“You can phone the DWP to request a reassessment, but having everything in writing is preferable. If you decide to phone, be sure to send a letter as well. “Brinkwire Summary News” will include contact information.


Comments are closed.