‘There are no plans to bring Piers back.’ Despite an Ofcom verdict, ITV has ruled out a GMB comeback.

0

‘There are no plans to bring Piers back.’ Despite an Ofcom verdict, ITV has ruled out a GMB comeback.

Following Piers Morgan’s unexpected departure earlier this year, ITV has allegedly stated that there are no plans to reinstall him as the face of Good Morning Britain. Some fans expected the GMB host to return after Ofcom exonerated him of any wrongdoing in relation to his remarks about Meghan Markle.

After a record number of complaints were filed against Piers Morgan’s statements about the Duchess of Sussex, Ofcom concluded today that there was no mistake on his part and that the Good Morning Britain programs on March 8 and 9 “included appropriate challenge.” Despite the broadcasting authorities’ decision, it has now been stated that there are no plans to reunite Piers and Susanna Reid on the ITV show.

According to the Daily Mail, despite being cleared by Ofcom over his criticism of Megan Markle, ITV insiders have claimed that there are “no arrangements” in place for Piers to reclaim his position.

Piers’ departure came after he refused to apologize for remarks he made about Meghan Markle in which he stated he didn’t believe certain things she said in her Oprah Winfrey appearance.

“We applaud the Ofcom judgement that Good Morning Britain did not breach the broadcast standards pertaining to injury and offence,” ITV said in a statement following the ruling. The judgement states unequivocally that the balance and context supplied by the program creators were critical in reducing the potential for hurt and offence caused by Piers Morgan’s comments.

“The program did not break Ofcom’s standards because of the program’s editorial decisions and the strong opposing opinions expressed by other presenters and guests.”

“Hmm, ITV just put out a statement suggesting I only won the Ofcom case again Princess Pinocchio because my colleagues had different ideas than mine,” Piers said on Twitter in response to the announcement.

“That is not what the Ofcom report concludes; I recommend ITV read it again.”

“I’m happy OFCOM has validated my freedom to mistrust the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s inflammatory comments to Oprah Winfrey, many of which have shown to be untrue,” he said on Twitter. This is a great triumph for free speech while Princess Pinocchio suffers a crushing defeat. “Brinkwire Summary News” is what I’m looking for.

Share.

Comments are closed.