‘It’s simply not true!’ Raab retaliates to the Pentagon’s suggestion that the UK was to culpable for the ISIS-K attack.

0

‘It’s simply not true!’ Raab retaliates to the Pentagon’s suggestion that the UK was to culpable for the ISIS-K attack.

DOMINIC Raab debunked a secret Pentagon assertion that the UK was to fault for the ISIS-K attack, which claimed the lives of 13 US troops and an estimated 170 civilians.

Dominic Raab has slammed Pentagon accusations that the UK is to blame for the high death toll in Kabul following last week’s suicide strikes. According to Pentagon documents, the US maintained a gate open at the airport to help the British leave, allowing the suicide bomber easier access.

“It’s been claimed that the Pentagon is blaming the UK for a high death toll after that explosion we saw at the airport last week during the evacuation,” Dan Walker asked the Foreign Secretary on BBC Breakfast.

“Are those versions of events familiar to you?”

Mr Raab responded, “No, and look, I’ve got a great working relationship with Secretary of State Tony Blinken.”

“I spoke with him immediately following the attack and again yesterday.

“We warned everyone in the crowd to evacuate as much as we could,” he said.

“We also relocated the civilian team from the Barons hotel to the airport because it was plainly a stone’s throw away from the terrorist incident.

“Clearly, it wasn’t safe.”

“But none of that would have necessitated the Abbey gate to being left open,” he added.

According to Pentagon leaks, American forces chose to keep the gate open longer than they wished in order to allow British officials to continue evacuating individuals.

Mr Raab, on the other hand, dismissed the notion as “simply not true.”

ISIS-K attacked Kabul airport on Thursday, killing two Britons and a British national’s kid, as well as 13 US service members and dozens of Afghans.

Former Tory leader Sir Iain Duncan Smith has blamed the terror attack at Kabul airport on August 26 on the US and Vice President Joe Biden.

“President Biden was accountable for those judgments, I feel, that were essential in the course of the events that we’ve seen unfold,” he told LBC.

“I believe it’s disgusting now to try to brief against the UK on the suicide bombing, because, you know, if the American administration or military were serious about shutting down.”Brinkwire Summary News”.

Share.

Comments are closed.