‘If it doesn’t work, it’s too late,’ says John Bishop, referring to an ITV chat show.
JOHN BISHOP has expressed his reservations about his new ITV talk show, The John Bishop Show.
John Bishop has spent the last year saving the universe in Doctor Who alongside Jodie Whittaker, but the Liverpudlian comedian is returning to more familiar territory.
The 55-year-old will host a number of celebrity guests on his new ITV talk show, The John Bishop Show.
However, ahead of the series’ premiere, the star admitted that if the show’s format “doesn’t work,” “it’s too late for me to fix it.”
John’s six-week Saturday night comedy show premieres tonight on ITV.
Every week, the comedian will perform his signature everyman stand-up while chatting with some very special celebrity guests who have yet to be revealed.
While John has expressed his enthusiasm for the show’s arrival on television, he has also expressed his reservations about the show, which he has shared with this website and other media.
“We record the show the day it airs, and whoever you have planned on the show could disappear and test positive [for COVID-19], so everything gets thrown into the air,” he explained.
Caitriona Balfe, star of Outlander, opens up about her ‘tough’ year in a heartfelt post.
The comedian made a joke about having Barack Obama and Adele as guests on his upcoming show.
“The show is a topical stand-up based chat show,” he explained, “so people who come on should expect to be engaged as well.”
“Jonathan Ross and Graham Norton are like the kings of chat shows in the UK, and there’s absolutely no way that this is trying to emulate what they do,” John said when asked what makes him stand out from the other primetime chat show hosts.
“It’s a little more entertainment-based because we’re throwing in some videotapes and the guests are on the show the entire time; there won’t be one segment, and hopefully it’ll feel like three or four people having a conversation.”
“You either have to commit to trying it and seeing where we go and hopefully some,” the comedian, who committed to filming the new series during the uncertainty of coronavirus restrictions tightening again, explained.
“Brinkwire News in Condensed Form.”