Covid-19 rise is’so enormous, so rapid,’ putting travel in Spain and France in jeopardy.
COVID-19 is wreaking havoc on international travel plans as the number of cases rises across Europe once more. A fourth wave has been declared in France. What does this imply for vacations and vacation providers?
This Monday, France proclaimed a fourth wave of the pandemic. Gabriel Attal, a spokesman for the government, issued an unsettling prediction, particularly for anyone planning to travel to or from the country this summer.
“We’ve entered the fourth wave,” says the narrator. “The epidemic dynamics are really strong,” he said.
“We’re seeing a faster wave with a sharper rise than all the others…
The rate of occurrence continues to rise.”
“A spike so enormous, so rapid, we haven’t seen that since the beginning of the pandemic,” a French government spokesman said of the rising number of cases.
The country, which is a favorite holiday destination for Britons and home to many British expats, has announced new regulations, including the requirement of a health pass at some places.
This will demonstrate that a person has been vaccinated, has recently tested negative, or has recovered from the infection.
Businesses who fail to examine these health passes will be penalized up to 45,000 euros, with fines starting at 1,500 euros.
It’s a setback for individuals intending to visit the country without a visa.
Spain, a popular holiday destination for British expats, is facing a number of travel worries.
There have been concerns that the country will be added to the new “amber plus list” in the near future.
What is it, because Spain is already on the list?
Quarantine is no longer required for persons returning from countries on the Amber List as of July 19.
Those returning from nations on the new amber plus list, on the other hand, will be subjected to quarantine.
Coming back to England or Wales, those returning from France will have to self-isolate for ten days.
Ministers have reportedly stated that Spain cannot be deemed to be in the same boat.
According to the New York Times, Secretary of State for Transportation Grant Shapps was “enraged” at being “forced” to add France to the list.
Mr. Shapps has since “won a commitment within Government to ensure that no additional additions would be made until August 2,” according to the report.
Insiders in the travel industry are concerned about the situation.
“We always understood (the comeback) wasn’t going to be a straight line,” Easyjet CEO Johan Lundgren told CNBC earlier this week.
However, we are seeing constraints being unwound.
“However, it is undeniable that when you.”Brinkwire Summary News”.