As the Florida assault case comes to a close, Rod Stewart is expected to avoid jail and have the allegations against him withdrawn.

0

As the Florida assault case comes to a close, Rod Stewart is expected to avoid jail and have the allegations against him withdrawn.

Following claims that they assaulted a security guard on New Year’s Eve 2019, SIR ROD STEWART and his singing son Sean were set to go on trial next week.

After a reported argument in Florida in 2019, British musician Sir Rod Stewart and his son’s alleged assault case is about to come to a close, with the pair avoiding jail time. The musician, 76, and his son, Sean, 40, are scheduled to enter a no-contest plea to the charge of simple violence, avoiding a year in county jail.

Both of my clients will not be sentenced to prison as a result of this.

Guy Fronstin is a writer and director.

According to court papers, the Maggie May hitmaker’s legal team has reached an agreement with prosecutors after nearly two years.

Following charges that he and his songwriting son Sean assaulted a security officer at a five-star hotel in Palm Beach on New Year’s Eve 2019, the British legend and his songwriter son Sean were set to go on trial.

Rod and Sean were each charged with one misdemeanor count after security guard Jessie Dixon alleged that the former hit him in the ribs after a dispute over admittance to a private party in a children’s section.

Rod’s son is said to have had a run-in with the security guard.

The charge of simple battery has been contested by both the father and the kid.

Following the brawl at The Breakers Hotel over two years ago, a trial was scheduled on September 14, but it has since been canceled, according to court documents.

Judge August Bonavita is anticipated to sign off on the arrangement on October 22 and close the case instead of going to trial.

Sir Rod and Sean are not required to appear.

The two could have spent up to a year in Palm Beach County jail if they had been convicted of the crimes.

Rod and Sean’s attorney, Guy Fronstin, said of the case’s predicted outcome, “A resolution that is satisfactory to all parties has been achieved.”

“Neither of my clients will face any jail time as a result of this.”

“It’s just absurd to send him to jail because he’s a first-time offender,” he continued.

“Our mission is to uphold the law, regardless of socioeconomic or celebrity status,” said Palm Beach County State Attorney Dave Aronberg.

“In this case, as in all others, my prosecutors made their choices entirely on the facts and the law.”

The Stewarts were charged in January 2020, following the publication of “Brinkwire Summary News.”

Share.

Comments are closed.