About 150 people coming from city at centre of outbreak in China will be held in isolation
Around 150 Britons being flown back from the coronavirus-hit city of Wuhan on Sunday will be quarantined at a facility in Milton Keynes.
South Central Ambulance Service said that Kents Hill Park, a conference centre and hotel, will be used to house the returning citizens after they land at RAF Brize Norton.
They will remain at the site in isolation for 14 days, it added.
Everyone boarding the plane at the Chinese city, which is the centre of the outbreak, will be assessed and continue to be monitored after landing in the UK on Sunday morning.
On Tuesday, Dominic Raab, the foreign secretary, said that the flight would be the final service chartered by the Foreign Office to bring UK nationals back from the Chinese city.
The ambulance service said the presence of the group in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, does not present a risk to local people.
“The local site has been chosen because it offers appropriate accommodation and other facilities for those coming back from Wuhan while they stay in Milton Keynes,” the ambulance service said.
“It also allows their health to be regularly monitored and has the necessary medical facilities close at hand should they be required.”
All staff working at the facility will wear appropriate protective equipment at all times.
Britons who returned on a flight from the stricken city last month were taken to Arrowe Park Hospital on the Wirral.
The Department of Health and Social Care said that 620 people in the UK have been tested for coronavirus as of 2pm Friday, with three cases confirmed.
On Friday night it emerged that a woman and her baby son who had been in quarantine in Northern Ireland have tested negative for the disease. They had been admitted to Derry’s Altnagelvin Hospital on Thursday after returning to the country from Hong Kong.
It is understood that the third person in the UK to test positive for coronavirus caught the illness in Singapore.
He is reported to be a middle-aged British man and is understood to be the first UK national to contract the disease.
The man is thought to have been diagnosed in Brighton and was transferred to St Thomas’ Hospital in London, where there is an infectious disease unit, on Thursday afternoon.
Two other patients, who had recently travelled from China, are still being treated at the Royal Victoria Infirmary infectious diseases centre in Newcastle.
One is a student at the University of York, while the other is a family member.