Colossal Order Ltd. and Paradox Interactive have announced the next expansion for their hit city management game, Cities: Skylines.
The Industries expansion greatly expands the Industry portion of the game so it provides a much more meaningful impact on your city’s economy. The expansion will add tons of new industrial buildings and the ability to micromanage product output down to the production and supply chain levels.
Other additions include new city policies, new industry policies, five new maps, and much more. You can read about the Industries expansion here, and check out the trailer above.
This paid content coincides with some new free content as well, including an ’80s and techno-themed radio station, toll booths and toll roads, custom name lists for citizens, and the ability to mark monuments as historically significant. All of the new content will launch on October 23rd.
Here’s a rundown of the new DLC:
In one of the most in-depth expansions in Cities: Skylines history, Industry becomes a larger and more meaningful part of the game with this DLC. Players can build unique factories and customize their industrial areas with supply chains for the four different resource types. Well managed industry areas will level up and become more efficient. Aside from production chains, there is a new city service for handling mail and the cargo airport eases import and export of factory goods. There are FIVE new maps, new policies, new city services, new buildings (including resource extractors, manufacturers, warehouses and unique factories) and more.
- Make It Happen – Follow your products from harvesting to processing, storage and production, then transport them to commercial zones or export to other cities.
- Captain Your Own Industry – Define an area with the industry area tool and place highly specialized industrial buildings to build and manage the production chain from raw material extraction up to final end product. Industry Areas are divided into four types based on the natural resource they are processing: Farming, Forest, Ore and Oil. These areas can level up upon reaching productions goals and staffing requirements.
- Build it up, Buttercup – New industrial buildings include Extractors, Warehouse Facilities, Processing and Auxiliary Buildings, Industrial Props and Roads. Unique Factories, such as Food, Toy, Furniture, Car and Electronics produce luxury products, and require a large quantity of workers, water and electricity as well as input from your industries.
- Ship It – Manage traffic and logistics with industry warehouses and the use of the new Cargo Services including a cargo airport.
- Go Postal – Boost your citizens’ well-being with mail delivery and collection services. Post sorting facilities handle mail between outside connections and the post offices, and new Post Van and Truck vehicles enable the carriage.
- Wonk Hard – Three new Industry Policies and four City-wide Policies, including Workers’ Union, Sorting, Tolls, Wi-Fi, Logistics, Work Safety and Automation.
- Five New Maps – Rich in natural resources, transportation options and industrial opportunities, these new maps have all the right stuff.
- Four new hats for Chirper!
Cities: Skylines is available on Windows PC, Mac, Linux (all via Steam and the Humble Store), PS4, Switch, and Xbox One for $29.99.