Jeremy Kyle breaks silence over ITV show axe – ‘I’m devastated’

JEREMY Kyle has broken his silence after his hit show was axed on Wednesday.

Jeremy Kyle said: “Myself and the production team I have worked with for the last 14 years are all utterly devastated by the recent events.”

He added: “Our thoughts and sympathies are with Steve’s family and friends at this incredibly sad time.”

The Jeremy Kyle Show was yanked off air earlier this week after guest Steve Dymond was tragically found dead after appearing in a recent episode.

Announcing the news that the show will not be returning, Carolyn McCall, ITV’s CEO said: “Given the gravity of recent events we have decided to end production of The Jeremy Kyle Show.

 

“The Jeremy Kyle Show has had a loyal audience and has been made by a dedicated production team for 14 years, but now is the right time for the show to end.

“Everyone at ITV’s thoughts and sympathies are with the family and friends of Steve Dymond.

“The previously announced review of the episode of the show is underway and will continue.

“ITV will continue to work with Jeremy Kyle on other projects.”

David Dickinson’s Real Deal is currently filling in for the show.

However, it is thought Real Deal will be used as nothing more than a quick fix for ITV due to the fact it appears unable to pull in the ratings.

Real Deal allegedly attracted just 360,000 viewers when it was originally assigned as the replacement in comparison to Jeremy Kyle’s normal 750,000.

A TV source told The Sun: “ITV need some time to work out what is going to be in the slot long-term.

“Putting a reliable show like Dickinson’s Real Deal in the slot for now means it gives them some breathing space and a bit of time to think.”

loading...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *