Z-list celebrities have reportedly been banned from attending Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week.
The shows – which have previously been flooded with Bachelor In Paradise and MAFS cast members – have reportedly vetoed any ‘wannabe social climber nobodies’ from the guest list.
‘If you haven’t supported the brand or the PR all year and think you are getting onto the front row – think again,’ a fashion publicist told The Sydney Morning Herald on Sunday.
The insider added: ‘Editors, buyers, digital influencers and content creators are in and C-list reality wannabe social climber nobodies are out.’
The source also claimed that any opportunists who try to snag a seat on the front row that wasn’t assigned to them will be swiftly turned away.
‘We have people dedicated to finding individuals not in their assigned seat and politely returning them to their allocated position,’ they said.
Last year, Bachelor In Paradise stars Elora Murger and Megan Marx as well as Married At First Sight’s Nasser Sultan were seen attending shows.
In 2017 Imogen Anthony reportedly sat in Fashion Week co-founder Lorraine Lock’s place on the FROW and stormed out shouting ‘f**k this’ after being told to switch seats.
One notable critic is gossip columnist Andrew Hornery, who last year described her as a ‘nobody who ambushed Australia’s most prestigious fashion event.’
The Fairfax journalist even claimed that Imogen had smelled of ‘cigarette smoke and… freshly sprayed Impulse’ when she walked past him.
Stars like Elsa Pataky, The Veronicas, Jennifer Hawkins and models Tahnee Atkinson, Victoria Lee and Jessica Gomes attended Fashion Week last year.
Fashion Week launched on Friday night with an opening showcase from Aje and will close on Saturday May 18 with a show by P.E. Nation.
Designers who will show their Resort 2020 collections include Bec & Bridge, Anna Quan, bassike and Alice McCall to name just a few.