Nigeria Remembers Chibok Abduction Four Years Later, Demands Release Of Schoolgirls

0

“Unfortunately, the negotiations between the government and Boko Haram suffered some unexpected setbacks, owing mainly to a lack of agreement among their abductors, whose internal differences have led to a divergence of voices regarding the outcome of the talks”, he said in an emailed statement.

On Monday, January 15, 2018, Boko Haram released a video showing some of the abducted school girls declaring that they don’t want to return home.

This comes exactly four years after over 200 schoolgirls were abducted from Government Girls Secondary School, Chibok, a town in Borno state, northeast Nigeria.

Buhari, however, assured parents of the schoolgirls that their daughters would never be forgotten or abandoned.

“The recent safe return of more than 100 of the Dapchi girls following the determined efforts of the Federal Government, should give all of us confidence that all hope is not lost”. Don’t lose faith in this government’s ability to fulfil our promise of reuniting you with your daughters.

Abuja: While the Nigerian government is gearing up for awareness campaign and functions on the occasion of 4th anniversary of kidnapping incident of hundreds of school girls by terrorist organisation Boko Haram, the UNICEF in its report has revealed that the terrorist organisation has kidnapped thousands of children since 2003.

The UNICEF in a statement on Thursday by its representative in Nigeria, Mohammed Fall, disclosed that 2,295 teachers had been killed and more than 1,400 schools destroyed in nine years by the insurgents, noting that most of the schools had not been re-opened.

Children have the right to education and protection, and the classroom must be a place where they are safe from harm, he stressed.

“UNICEF is appealing for an end to attacks on schools and all grave violations of children’s rights”, he said.

He further advised the federal government to demand for proof of life, as it carries out negotiations to secure the release of the remaining girls still in captivity.

Leader of a Boko Haram faction, Abubakar Shekau, said in a video message that the girls have converted to Islam and have been ‘married off’.

The post Chibok Parents Mark Four Years After Abduction Of Schoolgirls appeared first on Channels Television.

loading...
Share.

Leave A Reply