These are the first pictures of a man who was stabbed to death as he walked home from a mosque.
Mohammed Nabeel Hassan, 22, was knifed on Waterloo street in Oldham, Greater Manchester on Friday afternoon shortly after attending prayers.
The 22-year-old had only recently married, it has now emerged.
Devastated friends and neighbours have said that the ‘polite and popular’ Mr Hassan was simply ‘in the wrong place at the wrong time’.
It is thought that he had been heading home after praying at the Jalalabad Jamay Masjid in Oldham and getting something to eat.
Witnesses described a car and foot chase in the area moments before Mr Hassan was fatally stabbed.
They said that he was unwittingly caught up in the chase and attacked.
Mr Hassan, known by nickname Belo, suffered multiple wounds and was rushed to hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The close-knit community has been left in shock following the attack.
A family friend paid tribute to Mr Hassan and said he leaves behind a wife he had only recently married.
Mohammed Jaz, 23, said: ‘He had been to pray and was going home, he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. He was a normal 22-year-old, it could have been anyone.
‘He was a nice, well-spoken lad, into football and very sociable.
‘He was humble and very energetic. He got married recently and is from a hard-working family.
‘It is upsetting. It is a really close community here. There are lot of races but it is very open, when it was snowing last week we all came together to help each other.
‘He helped the community a lot, his family are very well-known and well-liked.’
Greater Manchester Police arrested a 15-year-old boy and three men, two aged 20 and one aged 22, on suspicion of attempted murder late on Friday night.
They remained in custody for questioning on Sunday evening.
One first aid trained passer-by stopped to help Mr Hassan immediately after he was stabbed multiple times, including once to the side of his torso.
Liverpool fan Mr Hassan is believed to have worked at the Park Cake Bakery, 20 minutes away from the mosque.
He was a popular member of the community and was often seen playing football with his friends.
Friend Laura Mongan, 21, had only seen Mr Hassan on Thursday and had a ‘normal conversation’ with him.
She said: ‘It is a shock that something like this can ever happen.
‘He was a really nice lad.’
Another neighbour, who asked not to be named, said: ‘He was a really nice, polite young man. He would shake hands and ask you how you are.
‘He had a good sense of humour and left a good first impression.
‘This has left us all devastated. He only got married about a year ago. It’s really sad.’
Mr Hassan leaves his mother and father, two brothers, two sisters, a niece and a nephew.
Detectives are continuing to appeal for witnesses as they try to understand the circumstances surrounding Mr Hassan’s death.
Territorial Commander for GMP’s Oldham borough, Chief Superintendent Neil Evans, said: ‘Mohammed Nabeel’s family has to deal with the most tragic news, but have been extremely calm and have supported us with our investigation, which I would like to thank them for.
‘As we continue with our enquiries, I’d like to remind people that a man has tragically lost his life and speculation about what has happened is not helpful to the investigation nor to the family who are grieving the loss of their son, brother and friend.
‘While we question people in custody, we need people to contact us with any information they have.
‘Someone knows exactly what happened and who is responsible for bringing a premature end to Mohammed Nabeel’s life.
‘Whatever it is that you know, please, make that call.’